Solved

The W6B didn't change my speeds at all.

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I set it up, blue LEDs and all. Went to the web interface, set up the SSID and left everything else at their defaults and my speed is exactly the same. My RSSI is -62dbm, so I feel like that has something to do with it. But, I’m not sure how to fix that.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 20 July 2023, 10:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi UDBZJames,

W6B basically  is a SURFboard Thruster Gaming Acceleration Kit to improvise your speed and level up your gaming experience . Accordingly, when you connect W6B you are getting the same speed .

Check the below followings:

• Does the gaming device have a clear connection and is displaying a solid light status?
  • Make sure the coaxial cables are tight and that splitters can be removed if they are not needed.
  • Reboot the W6B by restarting it by performing a power cycle (unplug the power cable and plug it back after 30 seconds) 
  • After reviewing everything, verify the speed once more.

We would appreciate it if you could reconfirm the RSS (received signal intensity indicator) shows -62dm and notify us.

To learn more about the SURFboard W6B Thruster, click the link below:

https://www.surfboard.com/products/network-gaming-accessories/w6b/

Badge

I did everything you have listed, I’ve even factory reset it and now it says -54dbm for the satellite with a high signal strength and -85dBm for my desktop connected via the Ethernet cable. I don’t know what to do, it just won’t work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What actual speeds do you get? 

What device are you testing on?