Solved

How do I get system logs on my IP address Gateway Login page?

• 4 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’m using a SVG2842 phone enabled Arris modem/router. My IP address page looks different from some others who have shared screen shots of where they found their system and event logs. Mine is a different website. When I go to the logs page, it produces no logs. I’ve tried over several days. 

Screenshot here with greyed out logs circled in black. When I hit the show logs button, it has a dialogue box that says this will take a minute and then produces nothing. 

I need these to show Xfinity. I’m one of the unfortunately folks who lost internet access this week because my Arris surfboard keeps rebooting (never loses power). It doesn’t stay on for even an hour. Yet I have no logs to show. 

icon

Best answer by conlina 4 November 2023, 18:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

change the log type and then click show logs

Badge +1

change the log type and then click show logs

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I tried all three log types. All blank.

Xfinity is here and mentioned it might be the wire from the street to the pole because it’s old. So at least I didn’t have to pay them. I’ll know when they fix that if that was really the problem. But I didn’t have any logs to show what it’s been doing. I told him when I get internet, it’s very fast. Even faster than I pay for. So I hope that convinced him it’s not my Arris and they need to look further. 

Cannot login to admin page to change wifi credential! Tried all combination but no joy! 

Xfinity connection for internet is working but wifi is not yet due to not able to login with both default wifi and admin credentials!

Appreciate pointers on it as it has been a bit fustrating to saw out the rental  Xfinity modern with same one that I bought it (SVG2482AC) on Amazon!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Cannot login to admin page to change wifi credential! Tried all combination but no joy! 

Xfinity connection for internet is working but wifi is not yet due to not able to login with both default wifi and admin credentials!

Appreciate pointers on it as it has been a bit fustrating to saw out the rental  Xfinity modern with same one that I bought it (SVG2482AC) on Amazon!  

You could access the GUI web portal only if the device connected with Wi-Fi belongs to SVG2482AC. Since you are unable to connect with default Wi-Fi on your devices, I suggest you to factory reset the modem and try again to connect the Wi-Fi to access the web portal.

If the problem persists after factory reset, I suggest you access the web portal through hardwired connection.