Solved

Need to connect Mesh WIFI to SVG2482AC

• 8 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I use an Arris SVG2482 AC modem/router and would like to improve the range of the WIFI.

The router is set on factory default settings (channel auto) however the signal is weak in the areas furthest from the router. The router is located in the most central room and with a Xfinity cable connection.

What Mesh WIFI product will connect to my router without having to create a new SSID while giving me the best possible extended WIFI signal?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 August 2023, 09:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The Wi-Fi as got two networks 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The further away from the router gets connected to the 2.4GHz and the nearest one gets connected to the 5GHz for the fast speed.

If the Wi-Fi signals are not in an acceptable range, try changing the Wi-Fi channels. Click the below link to change the same:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SVG2482AC-Changing-the-Wireless-Channel

As per the Mesh Wi-Fi router,  we need to create a new SSID when connected to SVG2482AC. 

All Mesh Wi-Fi Routers like W21/W30/W31 are compatible with the  SVG2482AC. 

Badge

Having two SSID’s in the house is painful as some devices end up on one and other devices on the other. I guess to avoid this I need to use dual band extenders? 

If that is my best solution what models work best with my SVG2482AC modem/router?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Your modem will support and compatible with all model and all brand mesh routers so you can get one according to your requirement. we would suggest you to go for Max pro W31/W131 or W30/W130. For more product details you can check on Shop.surfboard.com

Badge

I set the Erro router in bridge mode and assigned the SSID from my SVG2482. Then I attached the Eero beacons. Now I have strong WIFI everywhere.