Solved

Need to put alarm on 2.4 Ghz-how? SVG2482AC

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have many devices in my home that are connected to my Arris modem. Some at 2.4 and others at 5 GHz. How do I connect my alarm system to the 2.4 GHz? I need to separate that device and make sure it's on the 2.4 GHz. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 21 August 2023, 11:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mforbes2023

SVG2482AC by default will have two networks 2.4 and 5G, you can identify the network using the name of the network so for your Alarm system I hope you will be having an application to setup the Alarm so that can used by connecting device to the 2.4 network and for more WIFI configuration you can login to the modem interface using the following steps

1. ​Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The Login page will appear.

2. On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.

3. Enter password in the Password field then click the Login button.  The Gateway > At a Glance page will appear.                                                                                                                        
  4. On the left-hand menu, click the Connection link then click the Wi-Fi sub-menu link.  The Gateway > Connection Wi-Fi page will appear.

5. Click the Edit button for the 2.4GHz Frequency Band.  The Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit 2.4 GHz page will appear.