Solved

Parental Controls stopped working on SVG2482AC

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have been using Parental Controls successfully.  A few months ago they just stopped working.  I am trying to use Parental Controls to block my child’s access during certain hours.  This is no longer working.  I have also tried to completely block a device.  This has no effect. 

As an alternative, I tried to download one of your phone apps to manage the device, but I haven’t found one that supports SVG2482AC.  Is there an app that works with this device?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 November 2022, 22:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Is your kid on IOS or using a VPN? I’ve seen the private mac/ip address option on IOS cause issues with  parental controls as the router thinks its a new device. Or if they’re using a VPN, it encrypts the data so parental controls don’t know to block it. 

Thanks for the reply.  This is a PC running windows 11, and he is not using VPN. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello smav

When it comes to third party apps I’m not sure if there are any that will be compatible with the SVG2482AC. Now with our apps, they do not support this device since it is going to be a separate device from the normal ones (this one, as you may already know, only works with Xfinity).

Now, you say you’re using Windows 11, when this feature worked with your child’s computer, was it using Windows 11 or 10?