Solved

Problem with factory reset - Surfboard SVG2482AC

• 20 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently bought this modem secondhand. It’s out of warranty.

I can’t do a factory reset. Tried holding down button for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, tried unplugging and replugging, even tried the ‘30-30-30’ method (hold reset for 30 seconds while powered on, continuing 30 seconds while powered off, continuing 30 seconds while powered back on), nothing worked and the network name will not drop off / return to the original name before the first owner set it up (i.e. ‘Arris-3010’ etc).

The guy I bought it from is very tech savvy and wondering if he made some kind of change to it to prevent factory resets. He changed the password on the 10.0.0.1 page from the default (which is ‘password’) and doesn’t remember what it is, so I can’t change the modem settings that way.

When I press the reset button, the modem does reboot after 10-15 seconds of holding it down,  but the network name does not reset, and the admin/password credentials don’t reset.

It’s important to me because I need to change the network name and password, and also want to turn off 5G because I don’t need that speed and it’s right next to a bedroom, and I have sensitivity to RF/EMF radiation.

icon

Best answer by pc85 20 June 2023, 20:47

View original

1 reply

Badge

Nevermind, I got it working today. 10-15 attempts later it just randomly worked. Held for about 15 seconds and released it.