Solved

Svg2482ac issues

• 17 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Recently on my Arris SVG2482AC my ethernet ports have stopped working, WIFI still works fine. The ethernet ports within the web access show they are inactive and down but there is equipment connected but still do not work. Was there a firmware update recently causing these to stop working or is it time to replace, it is almost 6 years old. I have factory reset the router also just as precaution. I have it connected to a UPS with surge protection so thinking unlikely if power surge would have caused an issue. I have other equipment connected to the same UPS with no issues. Thanks

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 July 2023, 21:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi chevyman,

As the SVG2482 AC as got Four 1 GB Ethernet Ports .

Is that all of them stopped working and inactive ? Could you let us know if you can see a flashing green or orange lights on the ethernet port of the SVG2482AC? Have you tried connecting with different ethernet cables?

If you could provide this information it will be easy for us to understand if the modem is defective or not . It will help us to advice if you should purchase a new modem as the warranty claim for a replacement is 2 years for an arris product .

Also UPS or the firmware update doesn't have any effect on the Ethernet Ports . 

Let us know if this helps.