Question

Wifi Isn't Broadcasting in Bridge Mode

• 25 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve not found anybody who has had a similar experience, but please forgive me if this has been answered before.

I have a SurfBoard SVG2482AC that I am trying to use in bridge mode. I set it up successfully a week or so ago, but then decided I wanted to change the SSID login off of custom to make it easier to access. I factory reset the modem, changed the settings, and now I cannot get the wifi to broadcast. I’ve factory reset the modem a number of times, tried  googling solutions, and am completely stumped. Nothing I do seems to work, the US/DS light blinks consistently. The 2.4/5ghz light will blink in unison for a moment every time I power cycle the modem, but they stop flashing and never flash again, until I try another power cycle.

Is there a setting that I am missing in the setup that is causing this issue? When I factory reset the modem, the device has no issue broadcasting both 2.4 and 5 ghz signals and I am able to connect to them. This ‘only’ happens in bridge mode. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi oaksda,

I would like to let you know that enabling the bridge modem will disable the WiFi functionality. This feature is useful if you want to connect SVG2482ac to a different router.

If you would like to access the WiFi function again, please try the following steps:

1. Complete the factory reset in the following sequence:

Please disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the device.

At the back of the modem, you will see a small hole; inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button. Insert a paper clip and hold it for 35 seconds until all the lights go out, then reconnect the coax cable and wait for your device to fully boot up.

2. Create your WiFi network.

Connect any of your devices to the default wifi network, open a web browser, and access 10.0.0.1, where you can create a wifi network once again.

I hope this helps!