Solved

caller ID issue - all incoming calls "Private caller" - T25

• 19 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

reference: ARRIS SURFboard T25 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem bought from Amazon

Xfinity has not fixed or identified any issue on their end.  I’ve spent two 3 hour sessions with their support computers, techs, and elevated support.  Xfinity support confirms we have the latest firmware, and have reset the modem many times as have I.  I’ve tried several phone systems that perform on other systems as they should. (panasonic and Vtech).  I’m reaching out to see if this is an issue with the T25  itself, as I have really run out of things to try.   

Any help, direction would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 16 December 2023, 22:05

View original

2 replies

Badge

There is definitely a voice problem with the T25 and Xfinity regarding caller ID.  I must recycle the T25 every 10 days or so for AT&T Smart Call Blocker phone to function properly.  We have two landlines - T25/Xfinity landline has caller ID problems, 2nd line no problems at all - using AT&T cordless phones for both landlines.   

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In general, we activate the T25 for internet purpose if any issue occurring on the Telephone landline please contact you’re ISP which is Xfinity or the telephone manufacturer .