Question

Can't connect to T25 web manager

• 21 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Just got a T25 for the voice support (the SB8200 did not support voice) - the BlueGlobe service is just too expensive - got it connected and had to call Xfinity and get everything straightened out…

First, I cannot figure out how to connect to the T25 for the Web Manager… I’ve been searching the web and trying to add a route in my router (running DD-WRT on an older Belkin unit F7D7301 model) with no luck - I am not a noob with tech, but some things are still a ‘head scratching’ moment to me… Need more info about my situation? Please ask…

Secondly, and this might be solved once I get web manager access, is that the T25 seem to ‘drop’ data service at least (haven’t tried voice calls yet when data is out..) once a day. DISCLAIMER: My T25 was just installed Friday 5-19-23 and today is Saturday 5-20-23..

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Did you t ry 192.168.100.1?

Something else to keep in mind is that even through the t25 has 2x ethernet ports, only 1 device can be connected to the ethernet through xifnity. They only support 1 public ip address sadly. 

Badge

Did you t ry 192.168.100.1?

Something else to keep in mind is that even through the t25 has 2x ethernet ports, only 1 device can be connected to the ethernet through xifnity. They only support 1 public ip address sadly. 

I have tried 192.168.100.1 - as well as 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 - nothing (connection times out)

I also know that only 1 connection is supported - the 2nd port is a bridged port unless explicitly setup otherwise.

When I has the SB8200 connected, and running for over a year, I had zero problems getting to the ‘management page’ of the device - now after the T25 is connected and running, and adjusting the DHCP of my router to the 192.168.100.x range, I cannot connect to my modem. DHCP range starts at 192.168.100.100 and goes up, but that really shouldn’t matter should it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your dhcp range for the router shouldn’t be in the same subnet as the modem. 

I’d change that back to either the 192.168.1.**** or 10.0.0.******

You can always try disconnecting the router from the modem, powering the modem down for a couple minutes, and then powering it back up with connecting a pc to it to see if you can access it. 

Badge

Your dhcp range for the router shouldn’t be in the same subnet as the modem.

I’d change that back to either the 192.168.1.**** or 10.0.0.******

You can always try disconnecting the router from the modem, powering the modem down for a couple minutes, and then powering it back up with connecting a pc to it to see if you can access it. 

DHCP range - it was the only thing I could think of to see if it would work.

UPDATE - So I thought ‘why not connect directly to the modem to see if it works that way’ and it did - with the 192.168.100.1 IP - so i reconnect the router and give it a minute; router has no connection - like there is no connect at all… all the lights are on, on the modem… so i pull the plug on the modem and force a restart, and everything works, except trying to access the WebManager of the modem….

All I am trying to figure out is how to ‘route’ in the router to access the modem WebManager. I had no problems doing that with my SB8200...