Solved

T25 password for GUI interface

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a T25 on Xfinity.

I tried to logon to the modem at 192.168.100.1 and username “admin” password of “password” returns invalid credentials.
I don’t remember changing it, but I probably did at some point.

How do I reset the device to default username and password? I’m sure I’ll have to re-register it with Comcast/Xfinity for it to work again, but that’s no big deal.

I need to get information off of it, and see if maybe there’s a firmware update available, etc.

icon

Best answer by plemans 15 November 2023, 19:01

View original

5 replies

I have a similar issue. Bought a used/refurb T25. Xfinity provisioned it. Never had a reason to login until now as I need to set it to BRIDGE mode to accommodate my VPN server. Did a factory reset on the T25 and tried “admin” and “password” but it still returns “invalid login credentials”
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Really upset that Arris doesn’t provide any support after warranty expires

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Resetting back to factory shouldn't require having it provisioned by Comcast. It should be fine and get you back to the default 

I don’t need the modem provisioned. I need to login to put it in BRIDGE mode. According to the manual, a factory reset should allow me to get in with username “admin” and password “password” using 192.168.100.1. I can get to the login screen but keep getting “invalid login credentials”

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Try the last 8 of the serial number as the password

Badge

That did not work either, but I was able to get into the T25 using the password I gave the Linksys router. So now I can do what I need to do, and change the password while I’m at it.

Thanks!