Solved

tg3442 unable to change admin password

• 7 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have router Arris TG3442, I’m login to router and trying change password to another, but I got error “Bad password! Please retry with allowable characters and required complexity.”, I’m trying for example password cVdY4uWkdQM! which fit to requirements. Does anyone had the same issue? Do you know how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by dawiro 8 September 2023, 06:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Make sure there isn’t any spaces in it. I’ve seen spaces cause issues. Shoot for 10 characters and see what you get. 

I’m having the exact same problem with my TG3452A.  The thing is, if you press the ‘Show’ button on the new password it will tell you if it’s invalid ( missing a symbol, number or too short ) but will still give you the “Bad Password!” pop-up when trying to save the change.

UI with invalid password:

UI with valid password:

Both result in the “Bad Password” pop-up.

Hello,

i have the same problem.

Any solution yet?

Best regards.

Yeah, same issue here. :( 
I’ve got a dg3450

Badge

I found solution.

You can change password via Wizard page under Gateway section

Badge

Make sure there isn’t any spaces in it. I’ve seen spaces cause issues. Shoot for 10 characters and see what you get. 

@plemans 

No, there is no any spaces.

Had the same situation for modem Arris TG3453 [Internet Service Provide (ISP) is Cogeco in Ontario, Canada]. For some reason it would not accept the administrator password via “User Accounts” tab but it would accept it via the Wizard found under the Gateway tab.

https://support.cogeco.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/4412576607895-How-do-I-set-up-my-ARRIS-TG3452-modem