Question

Cannot Finish Setup on G34

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I can't create a Surfboard Account to utilize the IP Web Portal to change my wifi credentials. I'm stuck with the default name and password and I would like to change them. I go through the App trying to set it up and I get this error every single time. My ISP has activated the device and my family and I are able to use the Internet through it so that isn't the problem.

I am at a loss as to what to do next, things shouldn't be this hard right out of the box. ​

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Make sure you have the latest version on the app, now if you are still having issues pls uninstall the app, reset your G34 by pressing the reset button that is on the back of the router, use a paper clip, toothpick or something similar before doing this pls unscrew the coax cable , once you have pressed and held down the reset button for 20 seconds wait for a minute and reconnect the coax cable.

Connect your cell phone to the default wifi and install the app, try again to proceed with the set up (app)

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

If you make any changes in your G34 before setting up the app, you would need to start over with the setup and click the bottom link “Click here if you have previously installed with Web based UI portal” on the screen below. 

The START INSTALL button is to setup for G34 that is out of the box with default settings.  

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup