Solved

G34 compatible with Netgear EX7300 mesh extender

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello all. On my existing network I have the EX7300 extender.  I  upgrading my equipment to an Arris G34 cable modem router combo. I am trying to pair my EX7300 extender. At first it connects, but within minutes I get an error with no internet connection that states the extender cannot connect to my network and I end up in an endless loop of being prompted to setup The extender.  I am still able to access internet directly through the Arris G34 , it just loses connection to the extender. was wondering if anyone is aware of compatibility issues with these product models? Or, any suggestions on how to get around the problem I am having.

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 23 September 2023, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello RAWise13

G34 is compatible with all Mesh system and Extenders.  Make sure you are Netgear Extender has the updated Firmware Version and also check whether your Phone Software and Extender Application has an updated version to get this fixed.  Please contact your Netgear Manufacturer to set up your the Extenders since your are able to access the Wi-Fi from G34

Badge

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately it has not resolved my issue. I Updated firmware and I have the most recent app and software but still will not connect to my network.  I have found a work around by utilizing my old router as an access point.....but it kinda defeats the purpose of my upgrade. Considering my next step on which hardware to replace, the new G34 or the extender.

Thanks again.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are accessing internet from G34, there is no issues with the modem.

I suggest you to get in touch with extender manufacturer for further assistance.