Solved

intermittent internet connection in G34

• 11 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Dear ladies and gentlemens,

I please send me further instructions of how I can get a replacement for my current G34 modem.

Background:

I’ve recently called a Xfinity service engineer to figure out why my connections always slows down over  the day and finally ends up in an intermittent internet connection. This happened at least once every 24hrs. An investigation by your service team (case number 2308-02902) has already been done on this.

The Xfinity service engineer changed the modem to the standard Xfinity modem and suddenly everything works fine.

I assume that the Modem has a defect where the cache is not cleaned correctly. It is definitely not the connection to my apartment, because this has been checked several times and is now working fine.

PS: the recent upgrade of the firmware made everything worse. Don’t know if it overwrites parts of the cache used for other things before, but it took me about an hour till the connection got established again (but with the same behavior as before).

icon

Best answer by plemans 12 November 2023, 14:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You’d have to go through arris support. Not the community support forum where members of the public help out. 

ARRIS Consumer Care - Support Services (salesforce-sites.com)

Badge

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Hope it works out for you