Skip to main content

I upgraded my modem/wireless router to the Artis G36 and my older Microsoft Surface Pro and my older Echo Show will not connect…

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello TWiyrick,

We understand that your Microsoft Surface Pro tab and Echo Show voice assistant are not connecting to your G36 Wi-Fi network.

Your G36 has a WPA2/WPA3 Mixed as a default security mode, which will increase the security level of the internal network, and at the same time will allow you to use the latest technological solutions.

However, some older WPA2 enabled Wi-Fi client devices are not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network with Mixed security settings.

The only option is to change the G36 security mode to WPA2, to allow WPA2 enabled Wi-Fi client devices to connect.  This setup removes the security protection offered by WPA3.

Here are the steps to change the security mode using the Surfboard Central app.

1. On the Surfboard Central app home screen, tap My network icon
2. Tap the Main Wi-Fi Network + button to expand the card.
    NOTE: The 5GHz tab is selected by default for the 5 GHz band

3. Tap the Pencil icon to make edits. Once you click on the pencil icon, the Edit home network screen opens, tap the Security Type drop-down menu to select WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Tap the Save Changes button.  The Alert pop-up box will appear and click continue

5.The Network screen will return with the updated Security Type.  Tap the 2.4GHz tab and repeat the same steps to change the Security Type for the 2.4 GHz band.

Please let us know if this helps!

It worked as advertised!  Thank You for your help!