Solved

LAN DNS Reverts to "Obtained Automatically" G34

Badge

I’m having an issue changing my IPv4 LAN DNS to “statically configured” on my G34 router.  When I change the setting and set the primary and secondary DNS servers, fill out the CAPTCHA, and then hit save settings, it appears to take.  After a couple of seconds, the screen refreshes and its back to “obtained automatically”.  

The software image name is “Edited personal details” and the firmware version is “Edited personal details”.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 8 June 2024, 01:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case to avoid those changes on the configuration please do change the DHCP leas time > select the drop down arrow> select option Forever> save settings this will fix the issue.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-DNS-Setup

Badge

Thank you for the recommendation, but this won’t work for my situation.  I have a separate device acting as the DHCP server on my network.  I’m running AdGuard Home on a Raspberry Pi, so it’s the DHCP server as well as my local DNS server.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are having separate DHCP server, I suggest disabling DHCP on gateway (G34 router).

Badge

The “Enable DHCP Server” is unchecked and I’m not having any issues with that setting.  I saw the “DHCP Lease Time” option wasn’t greyed out, so I changed it to “Forever”, and then changed the LAN DNS to “Statically Configured”.  I filled out the captcha and hit save settings.  When the page refreshed, it had gone back to the settings in the screenshot below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

When the DHCP server is disabled, the G34 would not assign DNS addressed to the client's devices.  

You will set up the DNS addresses in our internal DHCP server to assign the IP and DNS addresses to the client devices in your network.