Skip to main content
Question

Low RSSI Warning on G36 Surfboard and no internet connection

• 5 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Does anyone know why the only thing being reported back to me by my G36 via the app is a very low signal strength warning for one of my connected devices, and a suggestion to move it closer to the G36.

But here's the "Huh?" part:   It's the initial router in a Wi-Fi mesh system and it's hardwired to the G36 on a Cat6 cable that's not 6 feet long. It has NO wireless connection to it, so why is my G36 worried about a low RSSI?

In this case please just confirm one thing since you mentioned that you are using separate router connected to the modem for wifi, have you enable bridge mode on G36 before connecting mesh system. Because without enabling bridge mode if you use separate router for wifi it will cause interference so you will be getting these type of error message on the devices using wifi.

I kept one 2.4GHz band up and running on the G36 in its room so that I could keep remote access available, and then the rest of mesh wi-fi is spread out in the house utilizing the 5 & 6GHz bands.

If you are connecting G36 with the mesh system, I would suggest enabling bridge mode to avoid interference.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Bridge-Mode-Setup

That is what i did originally, but then i discovered that any time i needed to access my G36, I wasn't allowed remote access so I had to go grab a computer and dig up a cable to connect with it. So, i dropped the 2.4G radio from my mesh system, and then disabled the radios using the higher frequencies on the G36, and used only the highest three bands for the mesh system, so there's no conflict on any of the same channels, and i still have remote access to my G36.