Solved

Unable to access SBC app on G34

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Factory reset the G34 after I couldn’t get the app working.  My thought was because I changed the SSID, the app will no longer connect. I may have done this via the web interface.  Anyway, after factory reset, the app worked just fine.  Then I went into web interface and changed user/password, and SSID.  I can no longer get the app working after five reinstalls, etc.  I am not going to reset the router again as I have the house working wifi and cable. I called support for the first time. The agent kept going in circles reading from a script.  The agent apparently never ran or saw the app.  The agent suggested I just use the web interface on a phone (i.e. keep zooming in to the page).  I could not get the agent to let me speak with a supervisor or open a ticket… We disconnected. It seems to be that the app and web interface are not in sync and the latter will lock out the app.  I have attached some screens. The app fails after several success screens.  I see several posts with the same issues, but not resolution. Now I am thinking to just get an arris plane modem, stick it back in the closet and get a standalone linksys/tplink wifi 6 router.   BTW, the app seems to toggle between userid admin, and userid my email address. Did anyone figure this out?  Not a great first experience.  BTW, tv with optimum, and wifi work great.  Not having an easy interface with an app is a deal breaker.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 11 May 2024, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Surfboard central app can be setup only when the modem is in default mode so in this case to complete the setup of your surfboard central app you need to perform hard reset on the modem then connect device to the modem Wi-Fi network and then follow the below link to setup the SBC app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup