Question

G36 2.5 port and 1gb issue

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

My new Arris G36 is not showing my PC plugged into the 2.5 GB port in connected devices but connects to the internet; my devices connecting to my mesh network do show up in the connected devices page.

I can see through my isp’s monitor page that the 2.5 GB port PC is getting an IP to itself on the 2.5 GB port. While the 1 GB port uses the 192.168.x.x ip the modem gives, the 2.5 GB port uses 212.164.x.x ip from the isp.

The wan is pulling 146.115.x.x from the IP.

In the advanced menu is Mac Bridging; it is not on but it says in Help that it is. “A bridged device will get an IP address directly from your internet provider and not have access to your local network."

This sounds like what is happening. Arris Tech doesn't understand  and me had to do full resets, etc. Isp has no clue what I am talking about.

Anyone know?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case since you have done with all possible trouble shooting like resetting modem we would suggest you to try connecting different device to the same 2.5G port and check on the connected device list on the modem interface  and if  still that doesn’t show up we need to work on this further.

For this case information can you also help us with modem firmware version.