Solved

Monitor Data Usage on G36

• 9 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello I was wondering if there was a way for me to track my data usage? I’m using the G36, and I’ve got the surfboard app. My internet provider is claiming that we’ve used disproportionate amounts of data. It seems no matter what we do we always go over the limit and get charged extra, I even added an extra 500G to my plan and we still go over. Our internet habits have changed since the original overcharge, we stream movies way less, which according to Cox was the main culprit. After doing some research people were saying Cox has been known to do this, and after being shown the ACTUAL amount of data used via the owners modem/router provider, they’ll fix themselves and stop trying to scam you. Could be BS I just read on the internet, but I figured it’s worth a shot. Sorry if that was a tangent, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 14 November 2023, 19:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

G36 is a gateway which is the combination of cable modem and router and there is no option to check the data usage on your modem settings page or even on the surfboard central application so in this case we would suggest you to use separate application to monitor the data usage or you can check with your internet service provider regarding the consumption of data.