Question

Password Issue for G36

• 29 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just installed the G36 and got the Surboard app working. When I log into the management app using a web browser, the password does not work. The only password I’ve entered during the setup process is the password listed on the back of the ARRIS Quick Start Guide and the Wifi password, nothing else. And yet, when I try to login, I get password failed error.  What’s going on?

I saw an article about resetting to the factory setting but this requires having Comcast re-provisioning which was a nightmare. That process took three calls into Support and multiple hours. 

What else can be done to reset the password?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Resetting it shouldn’t require re-provisioning. I’ve reset modems, modem/routers all the time and never required re-provisioning afterwards. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Well, could you let us know is that you are unable to log in on the Surfboard Central App? If you could provide us with more information it would be easy for us to guide you. Thanks 

Also if you would like to try a Reset please check the link below: 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

I had the same issue and finally figured out that if I selected "Access Web Interface" from the menu in Surfboard Central, it gives the password it's looking for.