Solved

Trying to Understand the ARRIS G36 Event Log IDs

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

When reading the event logs for the Arris Gateway G36 what is the event ID for a system reboot or stop/restart?  I just want to better understand when or how often my gateway is restarted whether if I initiate the restart myself or if my ISP initiated it.

icon

Best answer by TechRep 26 April 2023, 02:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

those events are coming from the coax cable basically the gateway is trying to translate that info into something easy to understand but since this is info coming from the signal itself the ones who can help you to understand them is your internet service provider since tech from ISP use this info to diagnose any issues coming from the signal

Badge

Interesting, my ISP was the first I went to, but they pointed the finger to the manufacturer; respectively.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

A screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs help get a decent look at the line

Badge

Throwing it back to the ISP doesn’t make sense to me, the device itself should be able to recognize whenever it is stopped and restarted regardless of who or where the command came from. I just want to be able to read the history logs as to when times and date those stops and restarts happened. After all I’m the user and owner of the device.