Solved

WiFi Constantly Goes Down - Arris G36 - Worse than before

• 6 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I created the following topic about a month ago: 

Arris responded to check the downstream and upstream values and that if these were out of the recommended range we would have to contact our ISP. I followed the instructions in the article they shared and the values are all within the range they list. Our internet connection now drops multiple times per day nearly every 20 minutes now. I couldn’t respond to the message on my previous post because it was marked as resolved, but if anything the issue has gotten even worse. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 November 2023, 00:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Got a screen snip of that cable connections page and the event logs? 

Badge

I have the same issue and these people are going to ignore your post then after a couple weeks claim it’s solved. Unsatisfied customer service and a unsatisfactory product. If you can get any kind of help from these clowns let us know. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We understand the cable signal levels are within the range, as you are facing a drop in the internet let's try changing the Wi-Fi channels please follow the below link on the same:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Oh good I’m not the only one! I was told by my internet provider that I had to upgrade my modem to be able to run the internet speed I am paying for, so I spent a pretty penny on this modem as it was in the list of recommended and compatible WiFi modems, I also upgraded my internet speed at the same time and my internet has been slower than ever, and WiFi gets cut off many times during the day. Visitors have all commented on how my internet is much worse now too.