Skip to main content
Solved

Is anyone with a G54 having trouble with Apple wifi 6e enabled devices not seeing the 6 ghz network?

• 22 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Are there any other G54 owners with Apple 6e devices that can’t detect the 6ghz network? My iPhone 15 pro max and my M2 iPad Pro can see and connect to the 2.4 and both 5ghz networks just fine but the 6 remains elusive. I’ve tried Apple’s suggestion to have all of the bands under one name but that doesn’t work, when I use multiple names I don’t get the “limited compatibilty” notice nor does the disable 6e tab appear anywhere in my WiFi settings. I’ve been trying for several days and I’ve had no success, if I can’t get this to work before the return period expires then I’m returning it.

Might try checking the iphone posts to see if there’s been issues with 6ghz. 

(2) 15 Pro Max Unable connect to 6GHz (WiFi 6E) : iphone (reddit.com)

Gee why didn’t I think of that? I did and everyone with an iPhone 15 pro that had a similar problem had a router that wasn’t a g54 because their inquiries predated the release of the g54, and none of their solutions worked. Also I don’t know why this subject has been marked as solved; after 3 weeks with tech support the problem persists and I ended up returning it.