Solved

arris NVG443B modem port forwarding issue

• 1 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,
I am trying to host a small panel server on my internet, and when I port forward, a strange thing happens. When I go to 12.345.6.78:18845, for example, from my browser, it times out because apparently my browser puts a / at the end of the link, well when I go to the private IP, for example 192.168.2.8:18845, it loads the page just fine. Yes the device IP is correct, Ive re-done it 100 times, and the global port range is 18845, as so as the local base port, so it is not an incorrect port or IP. But when I connect to 12.345.6.78:18845 through insomnia as a GET request with no / at the end, it loads just fine until I put the / at the end. What’s going on here? Is there any setting that blocks certain clients or something?
Yes I have seen this link and have tried these to no avail:

Please help soon as I need to make this panel soon to host!!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 3 October 2023, 00:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello anchevauls

Arris supports only the retail products that are available on surfboard.com but not the ISP lease products. Please contact your ISP for the same

Badge

WAIT HOW DO I UNSOLVE THIS

Badge

My ISP (frontier) referred me here, and you guys are the manufacturers of the modem, so apparently I have to switch my internet to someone else because no one gives support anymore. No problem, its slow and the router is old, any help would be appreciated before I switch.