Solved

Arris Touchstone CM8200 becomes unresponsive when power goes out and generator comes on

• 27 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently got a whole home generator, and have found that when the power goes out and the generator kicks on, my Arris Touchstone CM8200 internet modem goes into a weird non-functional state, and it doesn’t provide internet again until I unplug the modem and then plug it back in.

When it is in the non-functioning state, the power light is on, and the second light from the top (the receive light) is blinking. But the bottom 2 lights (send and online) are off.

And oddly, I have the modem’s power cord connected to a UPS, and when I unplug the UPS from the wall outlet, the UPS kicks on, and the modem continues to work ok. The non-functionality issue seems to only happen when the generator kicks on.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 28 September 2023, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello koyo

The CM8200  is an ARRIS product manufactured specifically for service provider usage. It is not available for retail purchase from ARRIS or any ARRIS authorized retailer. As such, these units do not include ARRIS Technical or Warranty Support. Your internet service provider would need to assist you with any information or configurations for your device (if such a service is available with your ISP). This is because their firmware programming may alter the available functions and features of the unit. We do not have any of this information on hand to provide to you. We are sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause.