Question

Internet dropping multiple times/day with my SB6141

• 18 December 2022
  • 2 replies

For the past few days, I am observing this issue wherein the internet connection is dropped for few seconds every 30 minutes or so.

When I logged into xfinity, it says SB6141 is end-of-life and is not supported for my (800 Mbps) plan.

Do I need to upgrade my modem to a docsis 3.1 ?

Here is what I see from the logs

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Bond007

SB6141 is just a cable modem so we would suggest you to check the internet on direct connection without router and if the internet still drops that may because of the cable signal level issue, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider.

Below article will help you in checking your modem acceptable signal level for downstream and upstream channels

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6141-Cable-Signal-Level

and SB6141 does not support 800Mbps speed so if your looking for better speed yes, you can go with upgrade model with 3.1 docsis for more details on products you can have a look in Shop.surfboard.com

Please let us know if this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

It’s time to upgrade to D3.1.  If you’re thinking about increasing your internet speed above 1Gbps in the next 2 years, go with S33.