Question

SVG2482AC wifi network problem

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Just reset my parents SVG2482AC modem, after I reset it I saw both 2,4 and 5 g bands listed on my phone and I selected the 5g band and enter the password listed on the router but then a screen pops up forcing me to name the device and enter in a password, and the 2.4 band disappears- this is a problem bc they have a JAM Wi-Fi speaker that only operates on the 2.4 band so I need to be able to switch bands. I have an Arris G34 modem myself that lets me switch bands easily when I need to, it also didn’t force me to rename the device and create a password if I reset it, which I do often. Is there a way to fix this on the svg2482?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Have you tried going in through a browser and setting it up? Not using the phone?

Badge

I didn’t but is that necessary for both bands to show up? I have a arris g34 and if I reset it there is nothing at all yo configure, and I can easily switch bands between 2.4 and 5 on my phone or pc. And I also have xfinity like my parents. What would cause the 2.4 band to disappear from settings after  selecting the 5 g band and renaming it, which I was forced to do

Badge

Also, their PC is hardwired through Ethernet, if I go into settings there is only the Wi-Fi 5 band.

Badge

After I reset it shows both bands and I enter in the password for 5g band but after a few minutes this screen pops up and I enter the 5g band and create another password but then only the 5 g band showed