Solved

S33 Google wifi not recieving internet from modem

• 19 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

New install, setup modem, change MAC with IP (WOW) and can connect through the modem via Ethernet.

When setting up Google WiFi an error occurs.  "The modem isn't giving your Wifi point an internet connection." I follow the instructions, unplug everything and wait and receive the same error.

I have fully factory reset the router, nuked my Google home, uninstalled the app and received the same error.

Contacted IP, they claim all is well on their end.

Reset system to provided gateway, nuke Google home again and it works. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 22 November 2023, 04:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case first you need to confirm whether you can able to access internet from the cable modem S33 and if the internet works fine on direct connection then you need to restart modem for a minute then connect the router to the ethernet port of the modem and since this is just a cable modem so you will be getting only one IP address from your ISP that is the service provider to get internet so you can access internet from only one port on the modem. Mostly you will be getting internet on the first ethernet port on your modem that is 2.5G port so after restarting, once you get the solid blue LED on the modem front panel then connect the router to the modem then check for the internet.