Skip to main content
Solved

Arris S33 missing OFDMA channel

New modem, local cable company recently upgraded to DOSCIS 3.1.  My download is awesome with this modem, but the upstream is missing the OFDMA channel, which is causing my speed to not reach the max speed I’m paying for.  Had a technician come out and he noticed that my modem wasn’t connecting to that channel. He put a temp modem on (different model) and it was able to connect to the OFDMA channel.  The tech was saying I probably need a firmware upgrade, but the modem I have is one I purchased and they don’t carry those. Therefore, he isn’t sure if they can upgrade the firmware for me. Can anyone help with this or give me advise.

I haven’t seen many ISP’s that use docsis 3.1 for the upstream, just the downstream. Reason why is the upstream is so much lower that docsis 3.0 can saturate it easily. 

Trust me, they are using one OFDMA channel along with the 6 SC-QAM channels to provide 100meg upstream. Without the OFDMA channel, I only get 60meg upstream. For some reason this modem doesn’t want to connect to that channel.  Cable tech seems to think it needs a firmware upgrade. Gonna call Arris tomorrow.

Who’s your ISP? I know xfinity is only offering the 100mbps upstream speed using their xfi devices. Not sure about other ISPs. 

It’s a very local company called ATCBroadband.

was looking on their site and don’t see any info about their upload speeds/classifications