Skip to main content
Solved

Modem not providing a connection to Asus Router on S33

• 10 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have just installed the S33 Modem with Xfinity.  I can directly connect to the internet via a wired connection to the modem.

The modem, however is not providing a connection to the router.  I have tried several cables.  The router status is telling me that the ISP’s DHCP is not functioning properly.  Xfinity is telling me there is nothing they need to do, but the issue is between the modem and the router.

Are there specific DHCP settings that need to be set up either on the modem or the router?  The Asus Router I am using is the GT-AX110000.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

S33 is just a cable modem, its a plug and play device. S33 modem will be receiving only one IP address from the service provider so that only one ethernet port on the modem can provide internet. So you can only use one device at time to connect to the modem. 

This is the situation , even though you have 2 Ethernet ports on the back of the modem , you will be able to connect one device at the time and the reason why its because the modem is getting just 1 valid ip address If you want to use both ports at the same time you will need to contact your ISP and request a secondary IP Address