Skip to main content
Solved

S33 reboots itself

• 14 June 2023
  • 3 replies

My signals are good, event log from yesterday attached.  It did it again this morning.  I can’t tell if it’s an ISP initiated reboot but two mornings in a row seems unlikely.  Also, is this thing supposed to run warm?  I’m about ready to ship it back.

Had this thing running on day 4 now, and it reboots every morning just before 5am EST.  ISP says they are not sending reboot signals, so this is a modem issue. Arris doesn’t even have support, on a brand new item?!  I guess as soon as a replacement gets here, this thing is going back.  Enjoy doing the refurb Arris.

Do you have a lot of splitters in your line? I would definitely check your splitters and make sure your modem is on the first splitter off your main line.  Even when you get the new one I would still check all the wiring. Your upstream power is pretty high. I mean different websites rate it as so. But I found a webpage that is from arris for this modem and according to it it out of spec.  Also they do tend to run hot I have a little usb powered fan I run next to mine.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

Since this thing wants a best answer, I’ll post that no thanks to my contact with actual customer support, I have found the answer.

I sent the S33 back and replaced it with another brand.  Problem solved.