Skip to main content
Question

SB6190 wont connect to internet after outage/storms

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey all, 

my ISP had a several day outage after Hurricane Beryl impacted Texas. My ISP swears there is not an outage in my area anymore but my modem, despite several reboots/power cycles etc will not move past the blinking download light stage of initialization. As far as I can tell there is no issue with the coax connection into the house (but may be?) or with the coax connection to the little ground node thing. 

I have a service appointment set up for the end of the week (I won’t be home so the internet being out for a few days while annoying isn’t the end of the world) but my urge to fix things has me trying to figure this out. 

could my modem be shot?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +1

I had the same exact statement from the internet provider.   They told me it was my modem.

I was about to expect the person sent to my house was going to say the same thing.

To my surprise he told me everything inside my house was good and the problem

was on the line.    This quick “it’s your modem” blame has happen more than once and

every time the problem was not inside the house.  I would have been upset if I bought a new modem

and it didn’t work.   The best thing is what your doing.   Let them prove if the problem is inside your

house or outside.   If its outside your house you tell them you want a credit on your bill for all the

down time.

Ken