Solved

Arris SB 8200 Mediacom 1Gb plan

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just recently purchased the SB8200 because the modem that i was renting through the provider would never let me get more than 350mbps download and 55 upload and that's on a good day, when im paying for 1GB service.

I live in a town that is fairly small and almost an hour from any bigger cities. When I started my plan through them they put new cable all the way out to the power line. So I know there's no problems with the line at least that has been found.

I am also renting EERO devices for an additional 16$ a month just so i can manage who is on my network and set time limits for the kiddos otherwise I would not be able to receive/modify any of my network settings right?. I feel as if my provider is lying to me that 1GB service is supported in my area. 

Every tech that has came out makes up a new excuse each time and they always say that the speed looks good on there end but it could be my devices or some other excuse. The only reason that I'm renting the Eero devices is because the mediacom Android app does not let you see any connected devices/data usage or anything to do with my account yet they still want to charge rental fee just for us to be able to manage it.

And the next closest speed package they have is like 200 Mbps download so that is a big difference in my opinion when I first started with him I was getting 600 Mbps but I no longer provide that they said. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 January 2024, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is compatible with 1G speed with Mediacom so if still internet drops and facing slow speed issue on direct connection without router we would suggest you to check the signal level on the modem interface by following steps mentioned on the below article. Also make sure that you are using cat5E or cat6 cable for better speed.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

I have been trying to do this and idk if it's my firewall I can't bypass or what. But as soon as I type in the ip address it says it can't be found and never takes me to anywhere to login at. What do I need to do to get by this? I'm also using my gf laptop cause my daughter just broke the screen on mine. I never been good with it address or firewalls and how they work so this is all kinda new to me. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are unable to access the GUI web portal, I suggest you to try with different device and different browser.

Also try to login without co-axial cable connection.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

As you are facing slow speed/drop on the internet are you trying to access the web manager page of the modem which is 192.168.100.1 by directly connecting to the ethernet port computer/laptop?

If so, then still you are unable to access the GUI page then try with different browsers/devices and without a co-axial cable.

We need to access the GUI page to check the levels of the cable signals for the downstream and upstream, also let us know the LED lights of the modem: Power/Receive/Send and Online.