Solved

Arris SB8200 Should you buy

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

• The Certified
  • 5 replies

I contacted Arris for support and pointed out an issue with the log file and they failed to acknowledge a problem.   They had me reset it.   The problem repeats.  The log can easily get overloaded and fail to allow you to log in and get the reports.      So I need the logs.   I  am having problems both with my internet provider at the same time.  I have been online and on the phone with them.  I have had the cable repairman out.  The cable repairman insists that the input power levels are sufficient and that if he increases them the reflections it will cause too much noise.  I used this forum as well.   I noticed the modem would report that it had issues with updating software when it was started up.   And what help did I get from this forum?   Now I get a message they have closed out my topic and lists it solved.   I have two big companies pointing their fingers at each other and I am stuck in the middle.  I have spent 40 hours of effort trying to solve this issue.  A bit frustrated.  Buying a modem or choosing a cable provider results from a limited choice from big companies that don’t seem to care about its customers.:)

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 28 November 2022, 17:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello RNRN,

In order to help you better, could you please let us know when did you purchase your device?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I purchased this modem about a month ago.  I don’t find this as any attempt other than to justify removal of my post.