Skip to main content
Question

arris surfboard sb8200 can't reach the 800mbps using astound internet services just 340mbps

• 24 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I bought the arris sb8200 a while ago, is a docsis 3.1, I also had been using astound internet “previous called RCN” for a while, I really need the 800mbps but my download speed won’t pass the 340 on wifi and 380 wired, my tplink router also can reach the 1gb and I am using the 5ghz channel, Astound support told me that they are not able to trobleshout the modem because is not one of the modem. I reset, hard reset etc and nothing , I am not sure if there is a firmware update and how to do it. Thanks again

In this case to isolate the issue further we can check the cable signal level on the modem. Also please do check the speed of the modem on direct connection without router, please use ethernet cable that support the speed you are in. Check the downstream and upstream values by following the steps mentioned on the below article.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels