Solved

Need Assistance configuring 2nd ethernet port my Arris Surfboard SB8200

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just purchased the Arris Surfboard SB8200 modem.  Comcast has already registered and configured on their end.  I have two ports on the modem, I have one port direct connected to my wife’s work computer that has an IP address.  The other port is to my router for WiFi which is not getting an IP address for it.  I was informed to call ARRIS to configure the new modem. I’m waiting on hold for a support rep now.  Figure I can get some answers/help from the community.

icon

Best answer by plemans 8 December 2023, 22:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge

I am having the same issue and have left two messages with technical support because it said the wait time was going to exceed 30 mins.  Those were left a couple days ago and still no call back.  I had no issue getting support prior to this week with my old modem.  Hope I get a call back because in the mean time I only have my router connected and using WiFi for my work laptop.  I did need to power off the router and modem, plug in the router, then power on the modem and router in sequence.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Comcast only supports 1 public ip address per modem unless you pay for a business class line. Meaning only 1 device can be connected to the SB8200 on comcast. 

You need to go modem---Router---->devices

Badge

Yeah, Cox is the same way requiring to pay for a fiber optic plan to use the other port. I already bought a switch so I'll be going modem to router to switch to devices