Question

receive light not on

Badge +1

Hey everyone. I noticed my receive is light not on and thr other 3 are like a yellowish green. The internet still works but reading the manual says all the lights "should" be on. Anyone got any insight? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Curly815

SB8200 is a cable modem and the lights on the modem indicates the upstream and downstream signal sends to the modem by the Internet service provider,  so if you see any lights off or intermittent you need to check the signal level and also confirm with your Internet service provider about the signal strength of your modem. To test the cable signal level on the modem interface you can follow the steps mentioned on the link below, 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

Let us know if this helps

Badge +1

The upstream signal is just under the mark. Would that cause the receive light to be off? 

Badge +1

Badge +1

Hello Curly815

SB8200 is a cable modem and the lights on the modem indicates the upstream and downstream signal sends to the modem by the Internet service provider,  so if you see any lights off or intermittent you need to check the signal level and also confirm with your Internet service provider about the signal strength of your modem. To test the cable signal level on the modem interface you can follow the steps mentioned on the link below, 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

Let us know if this helps

I did a factory reset and xfinity was no help any other suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

got a copy of the cable connections page and the event logs? helps more than general light diagnostics. 

Badge +1

What is cable connection page and where is the general diagnostics area? Sorry, not familiar with all this and this is my 1st time having this issue 🙏🏼

Badge +1

got a copy of the cable connections page and the event logs? helps more than general light diagnostics. 

*events log