Solved

SB8200 keeps losing Internet connection

• 9 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

This is an issue that’s becoming more and more frequent to the point that I had to disconnect it and put back my  SB6141, which I had for 6 years with no issues.

There is nothing wrong with my ISP or connection into the house. This is a hardware failure that has become worse over time since I bought in August.

I just want a warranty replacement but can’t even get decent warranty support.

Please advise

p.s. I wanted to add that I ran the system by bypassing my wifi router. It means I connected the modem directly to one pc I have with the wired connection and the drops are legit; isolated to the MODEM itself.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 11 October 2023, 00:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello ruid61

If you are facing intermittent connection issue on SB8200 that is on direct connection without router we need to check the cable signal level on the modem interface, since this is just a cable modem we can trouble shoot only the modem without router. If the modem lights are changing or going off when the modem reboots that shows the modem connection is affected or the signal level on the modem is low not in accepted level that will cause intermittent connection issue. If you are facing intermittent connection only on WIFI then you need to check the router or you can reach out router manufacturer for configuration. To check the signal level on the SB8200 you need to connect the modem to coax and activate modem then check for the signal level by following steps mentioned on the below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels