Question

Intermittent WiFi Disconnections SBG7600AC2

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

For the past week, the wifi has been terrible. Our phones/iPads keep disconnecting. All our smart home devices are fine and any hard-wired/ethernet-connected devices work just fine. Both of the wifi symbols (bottom two) on the device blink constantly. When I check Xfinity it says service/connection is fine. I’ve done multiple hard resets and still no change. The disconnect is random, too. Sometimes when I restart a device it will connect to the wifi, work for a bit, but then cut out. Other times no matter how many times I restart the device, it won’t connect to the wifi (prompts me for wifi password, which it then says is wrong when it isn’t). Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since this is happening on wifi we would suggest you to try changing wifi channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection.

If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak.  Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

After changing wifi channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

Badge

I did try the channel change. It’s been a few days and it’s still giving me trouble. Same issue with our phones/iPads connecting intermittently.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let us know if your Phone and iPad is connected to either 5GHz or 2.4GHz?

If it is connected through 5GHz then let us know the distance the Phone and iPad from the Router?

Badge

I do use a mesh system so my 2.4&5 are combined into one network, but i believe the phones/ipads use the 5ghz bc my smart home switches & cameras are working & they link to the 2.4ghz. My house is small so the router is in the living room & i could be standing right next to it & still have intermittent connection issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest checking the cable signal levels to make sure all the signals are in range.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Cable-Signal-Levels