Solved

cannot log into ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I can’t get log into my SGB7600. Error message saying too many attempts (after one) and I’m locked out.

I have always owned surfboards and have not had issues like this with any of them. The default password doesn’t work. Resetting it doesn’t work. “Password” doesn’t work.

This is garbage. I am so frustrated. I work from home and need my network running correctly, now. I refuse to rent one from spectrum (thieves) but seriously, why is everyone having the same issue? This sounds like a product problem not a user problem.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 August 2023, 09:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Try with different browsers/ devices to log in to the web manager (192.268.0.1), try clear up cookies and cache, and with incognito windows on the laptop /computer.

If still have difficulties in login with the username and password  Double-check that you're entering the correct username and password. Sometimes, passwords are case-sensitive, so ensure that the caps lock key is not accidentally enabled.

Click on the link below to do a proper Reset :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Factory-Reset.

Badge

Yep. Still no luck. I have tried everything. These are garbage. I have been using these for years and bought this one a little over a year ago. Have not been able to get past the admin page since I set it up and now I need to change some settings and I cannot get access to those settings. Just keeps showing me a message that I have been locked out. Tried resetting. Nothing. On to something new.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the reset doesn't work you can try using surfboard central app that would allow you to access modem interface. Make sure your modem is in default setup before installing the SBC app. Just make sure while resetting modem the coax cable from should be disconnected for proper reset. please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to setup surfboard central app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup