Solved

SBG7600AC2 not connecting to the inernet

• 7 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

My cable modem is three weeks out of warranty as of July 12, 2023. I power it down every night and leave it off until morning.I am the only one in the house so it gets used to stream and for some internet with the computer. Over the last year randomly on startup in the morning I would have to switch the computer cable ports because it would not connect to the computer until I did that. Randomly during the day the modem would turn off and then take a long time to boot back up. I thought it was the cable company doing it but now I find differently. On August 5, 2023 on first boot in the morning the system booted as usual then after a minute it shutoff and rebooted for no reason. It took about 5 minutes for it to get to the point where all the lights were lit on the front except the on line light. I tried a manual reset which did not help, I called my provider and they tried to ping the modem and I was told they could not detect the modem. I checked all the connections at that time and found nothing wrong. I installed my old modem to test the connection and found the connection was fine.

Is it normal for Arris modems to die after they are three weeks out of warranty? This modem has only been used by myself and powered on for maybe 12 hours a day. I would not consider that harsh or unusual use.

Is there and thing that Arris can do as a company to address this so I can try and keep the money in my pocket. Being retired I need to try and save every penny I can.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 August 2023, 07:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

As you had reached the right place, the SURFboard Community. The “Online LED” is not in normal behavior do a “Reset” on the SBG7600AC2.

Follow the below link for the same :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Factory-Reset