Solved

SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Router suddenly wont turn on

• 12 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Earlier today my router was working as normal, but when I returned home all of the lights on the front of the modem were off and will no longer turn on. The Ethernet ports on the back are flashing green which indicates it is receiving power, but otherwise it’s giving no sign on life. Any ideas what may be the issue?

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 12 September 2023, 19:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

What happens when you try to access the console? Does it show the unit as up, connected to the ISP with good signals? If so, I’d check whether this unit lets you control the front lights and try to reset that if provided. Not sure what would have caused them to shut down. If you can’t access the console, I’d reboot. If you still can’t, I’d probably try a factory reset.

Badge

What happens when you try to access the console? Does it show the unit as up, connected to the ISP with good signals? If so, I’d check whether this unit lets you control the front lights and try to reset that if provided. Not sure what would have caused them to shut down. If you can’t access the console, I’d reboot. If you still can’t, I’d probably try a factory reset.

Hey! I’m just not positive how to access the console if the device is not putting out any signal? Do I need to be connected to the internet to access the console? Currently my surfboard is providing nothing and just has the lights blinking on the Ethernet ports on the back— but no internet at all!

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

What you will want to do is power down the modem, connect your pc/laptop to (probably the top) ethernet port, and power back up. Then, using your web browser, try going to 192.168.100.1. If you get a timeout, then the unit is not really up. If it is up, you’ll be prompted to log in (probably as admin and whatever you set the password to - this is not the SSID/password combo you use to access WiFi.). If you do get in, the unit is up. Try navigating to the “Configuration” section. Some Arris devices allow you to control the Front Panel Lights setting (see below). Verify your are set to Always ON. 

Beyond that, not sure what to say. I am assuming either the lights got turned off (how?) or the power supply has an issue, but in that case I don’t know how your Lan lights would be on.