Skip to main content
Solved

intermittent disconnects SBG8300

• 16 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi All, New to the community here.   
I’m having a problem with getting periodic disconnects with my SBG8300 while playing the game Fallout 76 (Bethesda Softworks).  I have been back and forth with Bethesda Tech Support about this problem and we have gone through many different troubleshooting scenarios. 

For clarity, the disconnects occur anywhere from 15 minutes to half hour and up to an hour of game play. What happens is the game notifies me that I have been disconnected and returns me to the game’s launcher.   

Working with tech support we did find recently that by enabling bridge mode in the modem, which bypasses the router portion of the modem seemed to have a positive effect and I had no disconnects.  
Bridge mode disables wifi and only allows ethernet connect.  

Which leads me to my question.  Is there something I can check or do or set in the modem to further troubleshoot my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

I am having the same issue on my 8300. It under warranty but tech support won’t honor the warranty. I have 3 arris combo modems and they all stopped working within 2 years. I suggest trying a new manufacturer that has a better record of support.

Badge +2

I managed to connect with Arris tech support via online chat.  After 3 days of testing, I think this problem may have been resolved by setting up a dedicated IP address to the laptop I use for gaming.