Solved

sbg8300 doesn't see play-fi devices

• 13 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Sbg8300 isn't recognizing the 2 play fi devices that worked fine with my previous router. I run the setup routine but they don't show up, have done factory resets on both devices.  Am thinking there may be something in the surfboard setting preventing the discovery of them.  Would appreciate any suggestions or insights. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Tuthdoc99 21 November 2022, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

what are these play fi devices? (model)

Usually the router doesn’t “discover” the devices. Its the device themselves that connect to the router. 

Audiolab 6000n Streaming DAC and Martin Logan Motion Vision X soundbar.   I almost had the DAC connected, wifi showed it after a factory reset but something went wrong on the update in playfi.  I have done a factory reset on the ML soundbar and it still doesn't show on my wifi as a device...will probably do a reset on it again.  Since the DAC showed up, I am no longer suspecting the sbg8300 as the problem.

Update, successfully connected the audiolab DAC to the wifi network after a factory reset so the problem apparently wasn't the router.  Will attempt to do the same with the ML soundbar after factory reset on it again.  Thanks for your response.