Solved

SBG8300 wifi password changed now wifi not working

• 21 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I used the 192.168.0.1 to access my Arris SBG8300 Admin dashboard to change my wifi passwords. I wqs able to successfully change 1 PW for my 2.4G but as soon as it changed I lost wifi and access to the portal. I called xfinity to aak them to relink my modem using the new PW but they said “not my problem” basically and that bc I don't have an xfinity modem they don't have access to help. 
I need to get access back to my admin and reset my login PW too bc I realized I may have done all this wrong. So essentially I changed 1 wifi PW when I have several attached to my account ie: 5G, guest accts etc. 

So I’m at a loss on what to do bc none of my devices will now log back into admin. When I try I get the “ safari, couldn’t open the page because the server stopped responding” error every time. Help!!!!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 January 2024, 03:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Have you tried hardwiring in a pc/laptop and trying to access it that route?

Badge

Have you tried hardwiring in a pc/laptop and trying to access it that route?

I have an old laptop that I could see if it would work that way. I’m not very tech savvy, so just wanna make sure I understand what I need to do. After getting the laptop, logged in using the ether port I should be able to then access my admin portal directly….? And from there what did I do wrong when changing my wifi? I just wanted to reset my Wi-Fi password to something different.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

yes, you should be able to hardwiring into it with a laptop and access it to change ssid/passwords. 

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password#:~:text=Click%20the%20Networks%20sub%2Dmenu,Network%20Name%20(SSID)%20field.

Badge

yes, you should be able to hardwiring into it with a laptop and access it to change ssid/passwords. 

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password#:~:text=Click%20the%20Networks%20sub%2Dmenu,Network%20Name%20(SSID)%20field.

I got that all completed - THANK YOU SO MUCH - and all the PWs updated. Now I’m going to reset my modem and hope for the best that wifi allows me to log back in. Right now its still blinking and green vs the normal blue indicators. Is there anything else I need to do now that I reset everything? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Why are you resetting everything? 

Or do you mean rebooting? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hope you are able to connect to the internet with you’re new Wi-Fi network name and password?

If you require any help contact arris.com/consumersupport