Skip to main content

Downloading System Update Stuck at 0% Information on SBC app - G54

• 6 July 2024
  • 0 replies

To hopefully help troubleshoot the problem and share my experience and how I proceeded with my setup, here is the information that I have.  Installed the Surfboard Central version 4.3.2 app on my Pixel 7 Pro with Android version 14.

Began the setup/activation process from within the Surfboard Central app.  I did have a hiccup trying to activate the until on my Xfinity app but worked around until overcame that issue so that in the end the unit was successfully activated.

At that point I went back into the Surfboard Central app and backed my way out of it and started over again this time selecting that the modem was already activated.  I did not take note of the order of prompts after that but I was at the point where I was prompted to start the tutorial of the app and had not confirmed that I did indeed want to go through the tutorial when the downloading screen covered everything up.  

After being stuck at the downloading at 0% for a long period of time, I think I gave it a half hour or a little more, I did a swipe-left on my phone screen.  This removed the downloading page and I was at the Home page of the Surfboard Central app.  The option to take the tutorial was gone but that is ok as I worked my way around within the app completing the setup that I wanted to do to the device.  

Hopefully this information will help identify what the real issue is as well as help others be able to get around the problem and continue on like I did.

This topic has been closed for comments