Solved

W6U Wifi 6E AP has wrong firmware when attempting to update

• 25 August 2022
  • 7 replies

I have the very new Arris W6U Wi-Fi 6E AP. When I attempt to download the new firmware, it says after the download that the firmware file is incorrect.  This file is supposed to come directly from Arris, so I am wondering why the W6U unit is downloading the incorrect firmware?

icon

Best answer by plemans 25 August 2022, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I jumped on their support site to download the firmware myself but there wasn’t anything posted to the site. So not sure what you downloaded. One thing to check though is if its in a zip file if you extracted the file prior to uploading it. I’ve seen that error before. 

What address did you get the firmware from? 

Btw, you’ll have to let me know how it works. I’ve seen it posted but never thought to buy just a 6E access point since not many devices have 6ghz. 

Thank you for the reply, the firmware update is conducted through accessing the device locally. When I check for the update it claims there is a new update, but when I hit the update button, I get the following:

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Sorry, without one to compare with and without anything on the support site for firmware, a bit limited in what I can see. Maybe a mod on here will chime in if they have any other info. I couldn’t even find any info on the firmware (even reviews) version. 

Otherwise, you might just be stuck sitting on that one for a bit.

You could try factory resetting it but I doubt that’ll change much. 

Sorry, without one to compare with and without anything on the support site for firmware, a bit limited in what I can see. Maybe a mod on here will chime in if they have any other info. I couldn’t even find any info on the firmware (even reviews) version. 

Otherwise, you might just be stuck sitting on that one for a bit.

You could try factory resetting it but I doubt that’ll change much. 

Genuinely appreciate the response. This is a very new product and i’m not seeing even much from Arris on it as you mention. Customer service literally thought it was a modem and kept asking me to reboot it to force an update from your “service provider.”  I kept having to tell them that this is an access point and not a modem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

That’s the worst part about being an early adopter is even support is clueless on half the devices when they first come out. And the fact that they can’t get over it being an AP versus a modem. A bit sad. Again, hope there’s a mod on here that can help. Sadly I haven’t see much participation on the forums from actual employees and its been mainly volunteers. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@mAX SURF 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@Eliza