Solved

SVG248 Surfboard

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

My surfboard SVG2482AC just started disconnecting from the internet and coming back. It started a couple weeks ago, just once here and there. As of today, I’m lucky to get 30 minutes. I can’t get through a single 45 minute meeting (I get paid by the hour when I’m meeting a client and nothing if I can’t make it).

I’ve tried hitting the reset button when it doesn’t come back immediately. I’ve done this a dozen times. Just now I tried unplugging it altogether from the power for over 10 minutes. 

The power to my house is fine. The power light on the modem rarely goes off and the phone plugged into the modem and the outlet doesn’t lose power. Nothing else in my house is without power or turning on and off. 

I bought this just 2 years ago and was working great until now.  (also, this question took 30+ minutes to get through with all the starts and stops)

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 7 November 2023, 02:32

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

In looking, it seems many of us are having this issue. Some folks seem to know how to get an event log, which is the most common response. How do I do that? I called Xfinity and they offered to rent me a modem(!) and they do not know how to get an event log. Is this something Arris can provide?

Badge

I am having a similar problem this week.  I can log on to the internet through the open Xfinity network (have to have an Xfinity account already set up to do this).  What gives?  Is it something that has changed on the Xfinity network and the gateway doesn’t recognize it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the modem’s power light is like on and off, I suggest you to try with different power outlet with different power cord.

After that if the problem persists, you can reach out arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.